Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Week 3 in Grammarland

The White Witch. The Dawn Treader. King Tirian and Jewel the Unicorn. Narnia is the place to be in middle school lit!
I’m ordering Turkish Delight for my students next week, though it won’t be enchanted like the kind Edmund ate. Well, probably...

6th - 8th graders - study your grammar poem, and be sure to join my quizlet class for vocab. Here’s the join link-
https://quizlet.com/join/P7BRFEtkA

Shout out to Nathan in 7th grade, who has already recited his poem!

And way to go - I’m super proud of my middle schoolers who run cross country and who play soccer and volleyball.

I’ve always wanted to have some flexible seating in my classroom, so this year I took an old bench, gussied it up with a cushion from Pier One, and placed it in the old home of the rock case ( which finally went to live in Mrs. Ross’s classroom). My second group of 7th graders have dubbed it the “squishy bench”, and one student per class may sit on it each day. The ones who have done it so far looked pretty comfy!  I kinda love the idea of students having the option to forego a desk.

I love words, and I try to share that love with my students. I also love learning, so every day I receive  2 emails with 2 different “words of the day”. Today’s word was one I’ve never before seen, but instantly love. I’m sharing it with you, in case you want to wow your friends and neighbors with it. Here it is:
Bombinate: to buzz, to drone, to hum. It’s a verb. Use it well!

That’s it for Grammarland this week! Please know that I love your middle schoolers, and that I am praying for them.
Blessings,
Mrs. Desjarlais

No comments:

Post a Comment

So grateful

 Hello, Grammarland! Parents, thank you. You went all out when it was time for our Boosterthon and for our crazy Penny War. You have been am...