Thursday, October 10, 2019



Here's Perry. She "helped" me with lesson plans last week.


Happy Friday!

Well, today ends our Penny War. I have high hopes for our 8th grade bucket, but one can never predict the outcome for such an imprecise sort of endeavor! It's been a fun week, though. Dunkin Donuts and all....





I really enjoy my time with my middle schoolers. It is a tough age, I know, but your kids are wonderful.

Thank you to everyone who has donated items to the Fall Festival basket! I can't wait to see what it will look like in a few weeks. It has a very....caffeinated ambiance already. Mrs. Ross is quite taken with it !

6th graders...work on your castle project. Follow the guidelines on your sheet. It's due on Halloween!

7th and 8th graders...work on your Narnia project. I handed out rubrics on Monday. Please follow them, and do a great job!

8th graders will finish  The Last Battle next week. Our next book will be The Secret Garden, and the vocabulary is already on Quizlet. Please have a copy of the novel by next Wednesday.

7th graders will take their verb test on Monday. We will finish Voyage of the Dawn Treader in a week or so, and our next book will be Number the Stars,

6th graders will finish The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe  in the next two weeks. Our next book will be The Hobbit.

Some shout-outs......

6th grade: to Greyson, who is always cheerful; to Hunter, who is sooo funny; and to Haley, for being such a sweet presence in our class.

7th grade: To Yuremi, who is working hard and doing a great job, and always with a smile; to India, who is an excellent helper to me; to Danny, who always has a positive attitude in class; to JJ, who keeps me informed as to which hunting season it is; to Brooke, who scrupulously cares for her novel by keeping it in a Ziploc bag; to Noah, with whom I can converse herpetologically;  to my XC runners, Juli and Nathan, for representing LCS on the cross country trails;  and to Joel, who is new this week and who is already a wonderful part of our middle school family.

8th grade: To Alyssa, for nerding out with me when we discovered a little bit of Dr. Who inside The Last Battle; to Cristina, for sharing her cool concert pictures with me; to Sloan, Austin, Grayson, and Jonas, who found a hilarious send off of "The Raven" for us to enjoy in class; to Brayden, for starting each day with some peachy hand sanitizer from my desk; to Robert, for talking in English class without being bribed; and to Seth and Connor, with whom I can discuss the state of the Carolina Hurricanes.

To my homeroom: thank you for hanging out with me first thing in the morning,  and for being serious about our book and its parallels to the book of Revelation.
To my 7-1 class, for working hard on grammar, and for not giving up, even when it gets difficult.
To my 7-2 class, because you are extremely funny. And sometimes punny.
To my 8-2 class, because you meet and exceed the high expectations I have for you.
To my 6th graders, because you love Narnia, and because you call me out for leaving the"k" out of the word "pumpkin" that one time on the board....
And to all of my students who fill out their planners day after day. It's worth all the candy and pencils and washi tape to motivate you to succeed. Plus, you make me feel like a rock star, since you line up for my autograph after class.

 I really love my students!!!

Here's a lovely word of the day:
inimitable: unique and beyond imitation; impossible to duplicate or copy

Now, go be inimitable!

Blessings,
KD

No comments:

Post a Comment

So grateful

 Hello, Grammarland! Parents, thank you. You went all out when it was time for our Boosterthon and for our crazy Penny War. You have been am...