Friday, November 22, 2019

Hello, Grammarland!
That is a picture of the 359 OCC shoeboxes waiting to be packed up by my 6th graders. I'm still crossing my fingers...there's an hour to go. We've never reached 400 boxes before, but I'm hopeful!
I have been so impressed with your kids. My 8th graders have helped me immeasurably with sorting, packing, counting, and so much more. Mrs. Stone's guided studies class and Mrs. McCusker's drama class have helped a lot as well. Ms. Bostic and Mr. Teeter offered incentives; Mrs. Deese's homeroom had a packing party. I am overwhelmed by the participation from our students and our staff. This is my favorite time of the year, because these little boxes help our students to become missionaries. Today my students placed their hands on the boxes and prayed over them every hour. I may have cried a little. Check the LCS Facebook page for our final total!


6th and 7th:  new poems assigned on Monday
8th grade: no SAT quiz next week; "If", by Rudyard Kipling, due January 15

Next week: No School Wednesday-Friday
Week of December 2-6: SPIRIT WEEK! 

May you be richly blessed during Thanksgiving. Your children are precious gifts, and I love the time I spend with them each day.

Here are beautiful verses to close out the school week:
"Ascribe to the Lord, all you families of nations, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name; bring an offering and come before him. Worship the Lord in the splendor of his holiness." 1 Chronicles 16: 28-29

Blessings,
KD

No comments:

Post a Comment

So grateful

 Hello, Grammarland! Parents, thank you. You went all out when it was time for our Boosterthon and for our crazy Penny War. You have been am...