Friday, November 8, 2019

Well. It's been pretty busy in Grammarland!

First, a huge thank you to my 8th grade parents who contributed to our Fall Festival basket! I think it auctioned for around $450!!! Y'all did a great job! As well, thank you to the parents who helped Ms. Bostic and me with the game at the Fall Festival. It was such a great day!

Thank you to the parents who stopped by on Monday for conferences. I loved meeting with you and discussing my favorite subject: my students!

Here are a few pictures from our many projects. Your kids did an amazing job; Hobby Lobby is sending me a thank you note. (Ha!) To get the full effect, you’d have to wander around my room. 


Some of our 7th grade projects

 Nathan "sells" Narnia to us.

Triton' s clay Eustace

Meredith McLean's Dawn Treader scene

Angel's sea serpent scene

Danny's albatross scene

The top of Julian's time capsule

Julie's albatross scene






Some of our 6th Grade Castles
Grayson

Greyson
Hunter

Khaleb
Jorden


Next week, 6th grade will get started on The Hobbit.
7th grade will start foundational work on A Christmas Carol.
8th grade will continue A Secret Garden. There will be a small research project soon. Don’t worry. No trips to craft stores needed for this one.

Remember, no school on Monday, as we honor our Veterans.

Enjoy these middle school days. I’m off this weekend for a college visit with my son, who is a senior.  It gets pretty real pretty fast.

May God bless you! I love being a part of your child’s middle school story.

Here’s a word for your weekend!
winsome: charming and engaging; cheery and good natured.

Blessings,
KD




No comments:

Post a Comment

So grateful

 Hello, Grammarland! Parents, thank you. You went all out when it was time for our Boosterthon and for our crazy Penny War. You have been am...