Friday, January 31, 2020

Hello, and happiest of Fridays, Grammarland!!!


My middle schoolers are the BEST. I'm so proud of them. My 7th and 8th graders are punctuating their little  hearts out. My goal for them? Excellence on their standardized testing, yes, but that is certainly not everything . Life skills? Absolutely. They don't realize how perilously close they are to college applications, job applications, and humble pleas for scholarship money by way of essay. I want my students' written work to land firmly in the "keep" pile, and to prevent errors in grammar from dampening their chances at good stuff.

Next Wednesday is THE DAY. Seven of my 7th and 8th graders will face off against area schools in the Lee County Soil and Water Public Speaking Contest!! Please pray for us. On that day, we will battle nerves and fast talking. I'm so proud of my students! This contest is not mandatory, so they've done all of this extra work on top of their regular school load.

The Color Run is almost here! This is an awesome fundraiser wherein kids pay $30 to participate in the run, and the proceeds go towards a new school bus. The color run is Friday, February 14, which is a half day of school. Look for more info from your child's homeroom teacher. And on that day.....pack a towel to put on your child's seat in the car for the ride home. Trust me!!

6th grade: Test on pronouns next Wednesday.
7th grade: Spelling difficult words chapter begins Monday; Number the Stars writing assignment due Wednesday.
8th grade: Spelling difficult words chapter begins; SAT quiz Friday.
8th grade field trip March 20- I'm waiting for confirmation from Chick -fil-a in Durham. Once I have it, I will send home permission slips.

Have a wonderful weekend! May God bless your families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So grateful

 Hello, Grammarland! Parents, thank you. You went all out when it was time for our Boosterthon and for our crazy Penny War. You have been am...