Friday, September 11, 2020

Notes on middle school life....


 Hello, Grammarland!

Some highlights this week...

My 8th graders are showing such confidence when it comes to understanding grammar, and I am so proud of them. I love to watch students realize that they've got it!! Our five SAT vocab words a week will make their brains all wrinkly, and I'm hoping these words make their way into their writing and speaking. Our novel, The Last Battle, is producing beautiful discussions about reliance on God. All in all, some great things are happening!


I love starting my day with my 6th graders! They're learning nouns, as well as a slew of Narnian vocabulary words, and next week we branch out to verb land. I love watching them fall in love with The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe! Next week, I will introduce their first project: building a castle! It shall be amazing! Our next vocab test will be next Friday.


Calling all middle school girls! Next Monday is the start of our Middle School Girls' Prayer Group! Each Monday, we will meet in my room, eat our lunch,and lift up our families, our school, and our world in prayer. This was such a blessing to me last year. I cannot wait to see what happens this year!

It's a blessing for me to be part of your child's middle school story! Thank you for sharing your child with me.

Mrs. Desjarlais

No comments:

Post a Comment

So grateful

 Hello, Grammarland! Parents, thank you. You went all out when it was time for our Boosterthon and for our crazy Penny War. You have been am...