Friday, December 4, 2020


 Hey, there, Grammarland!


It's been a great week. My 6th graders have learned many types of pronouns, and they wrote a hero story from a villain's point of view.  They are reading the classic Christmas horror story for teachers, The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. Today we drew Secret Saint Nicholas names. Ask your child about this. I'll be sending a corresponding email. 


The 8th grade has learned many kinds of clauses, which make our writing mature. Today they enjoyed Sandra's Donuts as payment for not sabotaging the 6th grade Penny War jar (which helped my 6th graders go from dead last to second place!) while they read aloud their spooky stories we've been writing for the past two months. Consequently, my arachnophobia has increased (thanks, Kimora), and I'm now unreasonably afraid of vines (thanks a lot, Bryan). Levi wrote the next Great American Horror Story, complete with a terrifying illustration, and Tyler wrote about a never-ending day. A very bad never-ending day. I was kinda glad when they all left class. It was getting a little creepy.


Next week will bring grammar tests for both classes, as well as a vocabulary test for 8th grade. 

May God bless your family greatly! I so love that you share your kids with me every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So grateful

 Hello, Grammarland! Parents, thank you. You went all out when it was time for our Boosterthon and for our crazy Penny War. You have been am...