Friday, September 20, 2019

Turkish Delight

Greetings, Grammarlandians!


Well, my students enjoyed some Turkish Delight, but they agreed: it's good, but it's not good enough make a person betray his family. Of course, I checked the box on Amazon for  "not cursed by the White Witch", so maybe it was not a fair assessment.

Congratulations to Marina and Grace!! They are the first 8th graders to bring goodies for our lovely Fall Festival basket!  Coffee for the win!

I'm super proud of all of my grammar students. They are adjusting well, and we are really getting started with creative writing. My 8th graders just wrote a letter to a character; my 7th graders are about to explore the Biblical view of a lion (who represents Jesus) transforming a dragon back into a boy, but a boy who is kind and good and right . My 6th graders will soon begin their first project...details coming soon!

ALL middle school English: You grammar poem is due next Thursday, Sept. 26.


Thank you to everyone who has signed up for Remind!

Don't forget: Wednesday dress code is khaki pants and a Lee Christian polo shirt.

Instead of a Word of the Day, here is a beautiful verse:
Psalm 59:16: But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. (NIV)

Blessings,
Mrs. Desjarlais

No comments:

Post a Comment

So grateful

 Hello, Grammarland! Parents, thank you. You went all out when it was time for our Boosterthon and for our crazy Penny War. You have been am...