Friday, March 13, 2020

Well, hello, Grammarland!

COVID-19 is closing schools around us, so I'd like to let you know that we are preparing for the possibility of this at our little school. We gathered students' email addresses so we can email them links to online classes, educational websites, and other opportunities to enhance online learning should we be forced to close. We will also post assignments on our blogs, so please be sure to check back daily for assignments.

Our 8th grade field trip to Duke was canceled. COVID-19 again. I'm sorry, and I'm disappointed, too. Thank you to all of the parents who had planned to accompany us. I returned the lunch money to students today.

8th grade:Please have a physical copy of Anne Frank: Diary of a Young Girl. by Tuesday, March 24.

7th Grade: At the end of next week, we will move to the book Hatchet. I have about 23 copies of this novel that I can loan out on a first come, first serve basis. Please have your child talk to me if he or she needs to borrow a book.

My 6th graders will be taking a grammar test on modifiers next week. To prepare for this, I did the Compliment Project with them today. A student sits in front of the whiteboard facing the class, while their classmates walk up and write compliments and sweet comments about them on the whiteboard behind them. Then students can see all the kind adjectives their classmates used to describe them!


Next week:
7th Bible: 2 Timothy 3:2-5 due Monday
6th: Modifier test Tuesday
7th: Number the Stars test Wednesday/Thursday
8th: SAT Quiz Friday; Secret Garden test Tuesday/Wednesday

On Monday, my father-in-law passed away unexpectedly. He was a wonderful father and an awesome granddad. I am blessed beyond belief that he knew Christ. Thank you to all of you who have prayed for us. It's been a very upsetting time. I am so grateful for my church family and for my LCS family; they have reached out with prayer and with messages of comfort.

Have a good weekend. Wash your hands, and try to stay away from the COVID drama!

Love and blessings,
KD

1 comment:

So grateful

 Hello, Grammarland! Parents, thank you. You went all out when it was time for our Boosterthon and for our crazy Penny War. You have been am...