Thursday, September 16, 2021

It was the best of times....

 Well, it has been another excellent week in English class! 

My students are killing it in verb class. I'm so proud of them!

In literature, things are getting tense in here. The sixth graders are spending far too much time with the White Witch these days, but her power is dwindling. Too soon I'll have to put away my scary White Witch voice (my students are terrified). The eighth graders are reading about the last days of Narnia, which have unsettling similarities to our current times. The seventh graders are in Denmark, watching ordinary people do extraordinarily brave things to save their Jewish neighbors. I love books, but I love even more watching what books do to and for my students.

My 8th graders set up chapel this week. They did a great job! It was interesting to watch them work together. They played to their strengths; Elayna and Chayton put their height to good use, and Jackie calmly and adeptly helped everyone else stay organized. 




I love that we all have iPads. We are using them for studying, for assignments, for assessments, and for review games. My favorite thing about the iPads is the way my students help each other. If one student is not terribly techy, another student helps. Without being asked. Reasons I love teaching in a Christian school....

 

 Here are some of my students learning about remembering 9/11 on the website Actively Learn.


Next week:

ALL CLASSES: 

EVERY WEDNESDAY: Prayer group for middle school girls, lunchtime, Mrs. Desjarlais's room!

Vocabulary test Tuesday - Study on Quizlet

Grammar test Wednesday - Study guide in grammar book

May God bless each of you!

Mrs. Desjarlais


No comments:

Post a Comment

So grateful

 Hello, Grammarland! Parents, thank you. You went all out when it was time for our Boosterthon and for our crazy Penny War. You have been am...